Companies are facing unbending competition in all markets and every CEO want to be in the business to win. We all know that people are the true engine of the business, but IT is the heart. This dialogue, between the people of the business and the IT department, is what generates value and competitiveness to sustain growth on the aggressive and competitive market.
But, how can the IT correspond to the expectations of the business in real time? Low-code development platforms may be the answer. We all know that innovation advances are quicker than ever, that competitors try to stay in front, no matter what. The time is always now! The business demands a digital transformation that drives quick wins, agile strategies and effectiveness results.
The agility needs technology features and applications that respond to business demands and above all, that will meet the client expectations, providing outstanding customer experience.
The answer for all of this is in the capacity of professional developers to create custom applications that will address the business needs and processes. The innovation needs agility, flexibility and effectiveness to correspond to the short delivery time frames of the business.
The solution is to adopt a new programming language, not replacing the traditional one, but one with less complexity, like low-code. Programmers are demanding simple ways to create and deploy easy-to-use business apps and that could link unit IT teams to line-of-business professionals. Low-code development platforms allow this easier and agile development, creating complex solutions within a lower deployment time.
Transform businesses into the rhythm of low-code
Less is more, no doubts about it. This rule can be applied to general areas of life, and at technology is also gaining reputation. This doesn’t mean that low code will stand for programming. The skeptics can rest easy. Low-code and traditional programming can be part of the same formula, and together they can take considerable value to the business.
Low-code development platforms have advantages that no team can ignore:
- Building Once and Deploying Everywhere – a low-code platform requires very little manual coding, if any. It’s possible for the teams to build apps for multiple platforms simultaneously, and most important, it can be done in a fraction of the time needed to hand-code an app for just one.
- Lower Risk and Higher ROI – low-code platforms reduce complexity because the security, cross-platform support and data integration capabilities are already included. The customization is easy. The risks and failures are significantly reduced. As a result, developers and others can focus on solving business problems rather than technical requirements, and the benefits for the business are easier to achieve.
- Improved Agility – low-code platforms allows the enterprises to build apps faster than ever before. Visual design allows drawing instead of coding and the combination of less coding and automated testing can exponentially speed development, and time to market.
- Elimination of the IT Skills Gap – with low-code platforms there no need for specific languages knowledge. The visual editors are intuitive. The contribution of the developer’s community enhances the projects. In some cases, even non-technical stakeholders can learn to build their own prototypes, without waiting for IT.
- Scalable Governance of Multiple Apps – Multiple IT teams and projects can become increasingly difficult to manage on a common base, but by using common infrastructure, low-code platforms can enhance transparency, security and compliance. It’s easy for the enterprise to meet requirements and stay ahead of deadlines.
- Full Lifecycle Maintenance – App development doesn’t end with a successful launch. After all, there are updates, feature improvements, and bug fixes to manage. With a low-code platform, it’s possible to make complex updates and deliver new features in minutes. And, it’s done with minimal impact on other projects in the development line.
- Better Customer Experience – a Faster development it’s a key element for enterprises to adapt their products and services to market changes or customer needs. Delighted customers produce better results for the business.
It’s all a matter of code. Whether it’s business users creating an app themselves or simplifying the development process for coders, by automating manual processes, low-code development makes it easier than ever to create flexible apps to get specific tasks done. The digital transformation is here to stay and those who cannot change will be left behind.
The faster companies adopt flexible and agile development platforms, the better positioned they are to capitalize on good results. Blue Screen can help with this process. If you are looking for a partner, feel free to contact us.